Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ever Have an AHA! Day ....

My AHA! day:

Ever have a day that started out well enough, you are in a good space, the sun is shining, life seems pretty good ... and then without warning something happens. And frustration overtakes you and then no matter what you say or do, no matter what anyone else says or does your frustration just grows.

And then your entire day seems to be spiralling downward out of your control and you decide the solution is ... To take back control, to make things work the way YOU want them to. You are so determined to find a way to make things work that you focus exclusively on that and forget about everything else because well, it just has to work darn it! And You can make it happen - with enough force, with enough agression it will work ... Right?
If my experience yesterday is any indication the answer is -Wrong! Instead of maintaining calm, serenity and my dignity instead I continued the spiral downward and allowed my frustration to grow into anger and at what? An inanimate object! My computer of all things. How dare it not work properly, how dare it prevent me from doing my daily tasks online. Why did my computer suddenly turn on me? And why did the computer tech I called seemed to be conspiring with my computer to frustrate me even more? Who are these people who appear at first to want to help me but then seem to be able to push my buttons even more?! Was the whole Universe in on this?

And that's when I said to myself "STOP! Get a hold of yourself Mary Ellen! Remain calm! Step awaaaaay from the computer and go for a walk, take in a deep breath give yourself a much needed mental break - before you have mental break down."
And that's what I did. I took a long break, breathed deeply, walked out into nature and watched the birds outside. And then started laughing, deep in my soul laughter and said to myself "Ok Universe I get it!"

Because as I was watching the birds I realized this one bird kept trying to get into where it had started a nest in the corner of the garage. And my husband had boarded it up firmly with wood (after making sure there were no eggs or babies inside). And here was this Starling pecking away at the wood, flyng off, coming back and pecking again. Constantly returning, trying from every angle to force its' way inside, squawking about it all the time.

And I thought to myself, "Hey Starling give it up! You could be spending all this time and energy building another nest somewhere else and making progress! I don't know why you are ......... " And that is when I started laughing. And that's when I gave thanks to the Starling for the lesson I had just learned.
And then that's when I decided to spend the rest of my day doing all the things I had neglected and to call back the computer tech this morning when I was refreshed, feeling a sense of accomplishment in other areas and with a change of MY attitude!

And as a result the computer tech got me back online, quickly, repeated the directions so I could write them down for future reference and she even wished me a delightful day! Imagine that!

So I will remember that whenever I get caught up in any stress or chaos then I will just STOP! step away from the problem, clear my thinking, breathe deep and start again!

Have a Step Awaaaay from the Chaos Wednesday!
Mary Ellen
Get Joyful About You, Every Day in Every Way!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment