Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Monday, March 15, 2010

It's a Brand New Monday!

Get Jazzed & Joyful Thought today:
It's a brand new Monday and a brand new week! Your mission should you decide to accept it is to pay attention to the connection between your thoughts and your feelings.

Here is the formula and how you can make it work for you:

Positive Thoughts trigger Positive Feelings to take Positive Actions which create Positive results for the world to see. (and yes- if you substitute negative for positive the formula works the same)

Let's apply it to today: Monday.
You think "Today is going to be a great day and I am going to get a lot accomplished AND I am going to have a great attitude doing it!"
And you keep thinking this on your way to work and you are FEELING how good it feels to be in a good mood and you FEEL even better thinking about all the tasks you are going to accomplish. You THINK about how people will smile back at you as you greet each of your co workers with a smile and a friendly "Good Morning!" and now you are FEELING even better ----

When all of sudden a car pulls along side of you and someone blares their horn at you, waving their fist in the air and cuts in front of you!

And suddenly you are THINKING "why you"!%*@*#!. What a jerk!" And now you are FEELING angry about what just happened. You are THINKING about what you would like to do to that driver to teach him/her a lesson! And now you are FEELING aggravated and irritable and THINKING they had the nerve to do that to YOU!

STOP! This is the moment where you apply the formula.

You THINK "Hey wait a minute I am not going to let that person steal my joy today. I am going to have a great day anyway!" And now you are FEELING better.
Now you THINK about times when you have gotten upset about traffic too and now you are FEELING some empathy and understanding for that person. Now you are THINKING about how proud you are of yourself for getting back into a good mood and you FEEL great about that!
And you keep thinking this on your way to work and you are FEELING how good it feels to be in a good mood and you FEEL even better thinking about all the tasks you are going to accomplish. You THINK about how people will smile back at you as you greet each of your co workers with a smile and a friendly "Good Morning!" and now you are FEELING even better. . . .

And as a result of thinking positive thoughts to trigger positive feelings you took positive action (not reacting back to the driver with your own road rage) which had positive results (you regained your good mood and carried that with you into your work day and to your co-workers)

And that is how the formula works. Now you try it today and see for yourself!

Affirm:
Today I observe how my thoughts and my feelings are directly connected to each other.

Have a Winning Formula Monday!
Mary Ellen
Get Jazzed & Joyful About You, Every Day in Every Way!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment