Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Love Lives Within

For the CED challenge this months theme is Home and I decided to paint a rock with a home. When I was taking the picture the flash (which I could not seem to adjust) kept blocking out the words or picture. The picture on the left was pic #6 and I was about to delete because of the flash reflection when I noticed that it perfectly surrounded the heart in the window of the home and decided to keep it as it seemed to highlight the message I painted on the rock. I took another picture right away (in case it didn't print up nicely) and although the detail on the picture to the right is clearer I kept the one on the left also because the heart message seemed clearer.
This was a first for me as I usually just paint hearts, flowers, doodles and was hesitant to try something unfamiliar.  So now I get to tell myself "Way to Go!" Now I get to glaze it and seal it!

No comments:

Post a Comment