Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Balance Work & Play

Get Jazzed & Joyful Thought:


Happy Friday!

Today is the start of the weekend so today's focus is on the balance of work and play. All work and no play.....or all play and no work....create an imbalance in our schedules and our lives - and within ourselves.

So if you tend to be an all work person, take time this weekend to relax and have some fun. Make a note of a couple of things you want to do and post it somewhere to remind yourself to follow through.

If you tend to procrastinate and put off work projects at work or at home, then this weekend might be a great opportunity to tackle some of those and still have some fun. Make a note of a couple of projects to tackle and block them into a certain time period and then block in some time for fun also.

A timer is a valuable tool for helping to balance out work and play. Whatever end of the balance scale you are on - just set the timer for a specific period of time. For example:

If you are work minded - then set the timer (or your watch or your cell phone or your computer) for an hour and take time to do something fun; read, watch a favorite program, visit with a friend, go to the bookstore or coffee shop and when the timer goes off then go back to your work project.

Likewise, set the timer and spend that specific amount of time doing some work project; tax preparation, paperwork that you brought home from the office, correspondence, clearing out a closet and then when the timer goes off then do something fun.

You can set the timer for any time amounts from 15 minutes to a couple of hours. And you can do it as many times as you want throughout the day and/or weekend to help keep you focused on balance. The timer simply reminds us that we can stop and move onto something else. It allows us to accomplish things or take time for fun without the all or nothing habit kicking in.

Try it and see!

Affirm:
This weekend I will balance work and play.

Have a timely balanced weeked!
Mary Ellen
Get Jazzed & Joyful About You, Every Day in Every Way!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment