Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Make today a brand new day!

Get Jazzed & Joyful Thought:

Did you wake up this morning thinking that today is going to be more of the same old, same old? Going through the same motions, saying the same things, performing today's tasks on automatic pilot?
Well Good Morning! Today is a Brand New Day! Today when you say hello or Good Morning to someone, really hear yourself say it. Say it genuinely, you know, like you mean it. When you smile is it triggered because you're glad to see someone, because your intention is to brighten someone else's day or is it a triggered reflex to paste a smile on your face like you're sitting in a car waving to the crowds at a parade? Do you look at your habitual tasks for the day with a feeling of resignation? An "ok let's get this done so I can start on the next one, and the next one, and the next one....Ahhhhhh"

Just for today, approach everything and everyone like it's the first time. Smile because you are acknowledging someone you enjoy seeing or that you want to bring a smile to their day. Say Hello, or Good Morning or Good Afternoon and really mean it! Say it in such a way that other people look surprised and respond "Thank you!"
While you're at it say "Thank You" to as many people as possible today. Say "thank you" for little things, people that normally you would just take for granted, or things that you haven't appreciated before now.
Try to find one new thing that you haven't noticed before about your work area, your co-workers, where you have lunch, what you choose to eat, even your regular route home.
Treat this day like an adventure and see how your attitude, your feelings, and your results change the same old same old to the new and interesting!

Affirm:
     Today I make my day new and interesting!

Have an Adventure Tuesday!
Mary Ellen
Motivating YOU with Positive Power!
Get Jazzed & Joyful, About You, Every day in Every Way!



No comments:

Post a Comment