Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect?

Get Jazzed & Joyful Thought 5/4/11

You know the saying "Practice makes perfect"? It refers to the idea that the more we practice something the better we get at it. Have you stopped to think about what exactly you are practicing on a regular basis? The things that you think about yourself or tell yourself regularly are ways that you are practicing getting really good at believing those same thoughts. For example:

If you think "Oh I am such a klutz" don't you find that you bump into things or drop things more often?
If you think "I always get into the slowest line" don't you find that you manage to do just that?
If you think "I can never seem to remember where I put my keys or my glasses" don't you notice how much time you spend looking for them?
If you think "I always get sick at this time of year" don't you notice that happens?
If you think "Man, Life is so hard and difficult" don't you notice how true that is?
You see your body and your actions will always follow your beliefs. And a belief is something that you keep practicing on a regular basis.

If you think "I always find a great parking spot" don't you notice that spot opens up or is waiting for you?
If you think "I always find a great sale or bargain wherever I go" don't you notice how that keeps happening?
If you think "I'm really lucky and lucky things happen to me" don't you notice how other people will make a comment like "Boy are you lucky!" or "It sure was lucky that happened the way it did"
If you think "I hardly ever get sick" don't you notice how true that is?
You see your body and your actions will always follow your beliefs. And a belief is something that you keep practicing on a regular basis.

Today examine some of your beliefs and what you say to yourself and others about them. Pay attention to how your actions and your circumstances will validate your repetitive thoughts.
The only difference between a negative belief and a positive one is the results that you get.

Which one would you prefer?

Affirm:
     I practice Positive Thoughts so they become Powerful, Positive Beliefs!

Have a Positive Practice Wednesday!
Mary Ellen
Get Jazzed & Joyful About You, Every Day, in Every Way!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment