Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hummingbirds! And More feathered Friends!



 Hummingbirds have been daily visitors to my feeders since May 1st and I even got a snapshot of one resting on the phone line. The hummingbird represents Joy. Today, in fact, there have been so many visits by them that I cannot keep up with them all! I think it is so appropo as my day started out today with a frame of mind of aggravation and frustration. And thanks to all my feathered friends, especially the tiny hummingbirds, it reminded me to reframe my attitude! For me, it is impossible to stay in a negative state of mind while there were so many kinds of birds showing up! Today is a wet overcast, cold day, which is the perfect day for birds to be out enjoying the feeders. Why? Because this same day is not a favorite of their predators, cats and dogs. So they take advantage of the opportunity and eat to their hearts content. Oh my gosh! While I am typing this I am stopping to take photos of new birds that have shown up! Like a Rose breasted grosbeak, male and female, four purple finches on the same feeder, a red headed woodpecker and a Baltimore Oriole (the male shown here, I also got the duller colored female oriole too!)
The Rose Breasted Grosbeak did not visit last year and its' appearance this year- so early is awesome! This particular Grosbeak (with what looks like a bright red heart shape in the center of his chest)represents Healing of the Heart and Healing of  Family relationships. All of this is so amazing as today I am working on my Soul Restoration class and the topic is Boundaries! I have pre printed bird graphics to use however I now will use some of the bird pics from my feathered friends!
Wow! what wonderful messengers have shown up for me today to remind me to focus more on the joy in my life, setting healthy boundaries for myself and my own daily thought which is to "Say what I mean, mean what I say- and don't say it meanly" Guess I get to practice what I preach!
Thank you all my wonderful feathered friends for enlightening me and bringing much joy to my day!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment