Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Ideas for the Little kid inside of you

Get Jazzed & Joyful Daily Thought:

Today's Daily Thought is for the Little kid inside all of us - (attention adult -this is worth the read!)

It's the holiday time. The time when we make a list to give gifts to people we love and care about. A time when we see children excited about the season and the anticipation of wrapped gifts.

Here is a fun idea. How about putting yourself on your gift list. After all there is a little kid inside each of us. So why not think about something you could get for your inner child? Like a paint set, a pair of fun pajamas, some legos or a constructor set, a stuffed animal or perhaps a journal, cool pen or fun stationery? How about a Santa or Snowman mug with a favorite cocoa, tea or coffee packet inside?

When you are out shopping let the kid inside guide you to something special - just for you. Then wrap it up and put it under the tree or with your other gifts that get opened for Christmas, Hanukkah or for whatever special holiday, season or faith you celebrate.
Every year I get a fun gift for Little Me and put it under our tree. I address the tag "To: Little Me" From: Adult ME". I get it early enough so that by the time I open it, it triggers the fun memories of picking it out and the knowledge that "Cool now I get to use it!"

It is also a wonderful tradition to hand down to the next generation. It reminds my children who are now in college and my grandkids (seven of them from my husband's side!) the importance of keeping in touch with the inner child, the fun, spontaneous, creative and adventure side of our adult self.
It is an excellent tool for adults to use that allows us to lighten up, let go of some stress and to change our perspective from being overwhelmed by the season to actually enjoying it and participating in it with a softer, warmer heart.
I have been doing it for many years now and my kids and grandkids are used to it. Instead of saying "What's up with this?!" they say "Oh look here is one for Little Me!" In fact my husband does it too and we even give fun gifts to each other's inner child. There is a fun gift for Little Jimmy from Little Me and vice versa and so there is a genuine surprise gift (like one year it was a Zbots build it yourself Space station for Little Jimmy and a Sparkly stuffed Teddy Bear for Little Me which I still have).

How about exchanging names with some of your friends or family and getting fun gifts for your inner kids?

It may sound corny and ridiculous (and that would be the serious, "I'm too old for this" adult in you talking) but the fun, joy and love it generates is real and lasting!
Come on 'Fess Up! You know you want to! So go ahead! This year let your inner child have some fun too!

Affirm:
    'Tis the Seaon to be good to Myself and my Inner Child! And I am Worth it!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Mary Ellen
Get Jazzed & Joyful About You, Every Day in Every Way!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment