Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Today is what you Decide

Get Jazzed & Joyful Thought:


What kind of day did you decide you were going to have today? If you woke up and thought "I'm tired, grumpy and I just want today to hurry up and get done," you might notice that the rest of your day follows suit. You might perceive that there are all kinds of things that just seem to annoy you. It may appear as though some people got up this morning and plotted and planned on how to get in Your way today. Drivers on the road, the teller at the bank, the cashier at the store, fellow co-workers and
even complete strangers might seem to be actually oblivious to you and your needs, your mood and your comfort level! How is this possible!?

But wait a minute. What if it's not them? What if the reason they seem to be unaware of you is because they are too busy with themselves and what is going on in their life today? What if they are thinking some of the same things AND because of how you are reacting to them, they think that you plotted and planned to disturb their day!?
STOP! the story line and make your day easier for you and everyone in your sphere of influence. Simply make NEW decisions that will trigger a new story.

Perhaps other people are having a bad day because they are tired, grumpy and they just want today to be over with. Perhaps You could decide to smile and say "Have a great day today!" (yes even if you're not sure it will be) Perhaps you could laugh to yourself when that driver swerves around you in a big hurry to get ahead so he could be the first to slam on his brakes at the next light, thinking "Wow that could have been me today"
Perhaps you could stop and ask yourself as you go through your day today, "What else might be going on with this person or with this situation? And is it possible it may have nothing to do with me personally?"
Then perhaps you could show some compassion, patience and humor to those around you and DECIDE that You are going to turn this day into something great and invite others to join you and those that still want to be tired and grumpy - well- let them. They are entitled to their decisions too.
Now that you have decided to make the best of the rest of your day today watch how it unfolds dramatically different.
And tomorrow you may decide from the very start that it is indeed going to be a great day!

Affirm:
   I have decided to enjoy the rest of my day and I will have compassion and patience for those who have decided NOT to.

Have a Great Thursday ending!
Mary Ellen
Get Jazzed & Joyful About You, Every Day in Every Way!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment