Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Progress not Perfection!

Well I am back at it. Trying to learn about blogging and have it all come together. I have discovered I have a rather large learning curve to follow. This reminds me of when I got my first computer and was trying to learn how to install and use a print shop program. I used to laugh and tell my husband that for every 6 hours that I was on the computer that I got 20 Minutes worth of actual knowledge. All the rest was a massive amount of post it notes saying things like Note to Self: don't push that button, don't reset that, oops don't hit that key!
Well I bought a fabulous book called Blogging for Bliss by Tara Frey and it is wonderful! It is filled with lots of info on how to set up a blog which is exactly what I need! I am learning so much and there are so many examples of blogs and help topics that I know I will be a better blogger in no time!
And I am also reminding myself whenever I get frustrated that it is about progress not perfection! I have a perfectionist inside that wants to trigger my inner critic and team up to try to make me feel like I should be further ahead, I should be able to figure this all out quickly, I should, should, should...
Well I am not falling for all those shoulds. Instead I am reminding myself that a week ago I didn't even have a blog and now I have one, and now I have more on it than I did a few days ago. And I have more knowledge than I did even yesterday! So Progress it is!

My husband and I are going out of town for the holiday weekend and I am taking my Blogging for Bliss book with me and going to learn more! I am taking my art and craft bag with me and will find time for myself to Doodle, journal and find some fun creative ways to express my creative energy and then figure out how to put some of it on my blog to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment