Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Making Progress


Well I am making progress! I have gotten to post a couple of pictures and am happy about that.
This picture is of a picket fence I had my husband put in at the edge of my back studio patio. I got the idea when we were in Home Depot looking for fencing. We bought just one section of picket fence and then I painted it white. Then I had my grandchildren each select a picket and decorate it. They had a blast and so did I! Then I added small ceramic flower hooks to the outer and middle pickets and hung small chimes off them.
As you can see there are still white pickets waiting for two more of my grandchildren to paint and my two college sons said they would paint one too! My grandson Brandon decided he wished he had painted something different and the neat thing is, as I told him, all you have to do is just paint over it and start again! And the pickets are only painted on this side showing right now which leaves the backs available as more family and friends decide to get creative.
Well I am off to water my plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment