Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Getting Photo Ready

Well today I signed up for flickr and will be loading my pics onto it and then onto my blog. I am learning so much and enjoying it and at the same time feel overwhelmed with everything. But this is the way it is at first. I am having fun experimenting with different layouts, fonts and am really enjoying watching the tutorial videos so I can learn even more!
In the meantime, I am busy painting rocks - I will post a sample tomorrow - and creating in my art journal - I will post a couple of pages of this also.

I went to the bookstore the other night with my husband and we sat in the cafe and he was working on some of his stuff and I was creating a page in my art journal of a giant sun flower with my face in the center of it. My husband looked at it and asked "Did you just make that now?" And I replied "yes" And he responded - "Wow - it's beautiful - just like you" Ahh he is such a sweetie!

I bring my art bag with me now all the time and depending on where I am at when I am out and about I will stop at a bookstore and go to the cafe and draw while I have a cappuccino or frappachino (depends on the temperature outside). I am finding this practice to be very fulfilling and very peaceful and centering. Then I will jot down any inspirational ideas in my ideas notebook to follow through on later. It feels so good because this is time that is just for me.

And I am worth it!
More tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment