Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Don't Forget to Breathe!

Get Jazzed & Joyful Thought:

Many times when our day or life becomes hectic we speed up our pace trying to keep up with everything and everyone. When we do this we don't even realize that our breathing changes. We breathe shallower, faster and sporadically. The physical effect this has on our bodies and our brains is that we take in less oxygen and keep more carbon dioxide.
This results in feeling sluggish, tense, irritable and out of balance.

So today, don't forget to Breathe! Take a moment of your day and stop and breathe in .... fully and completely and then breathe out .... fully and completely.

Then take a moment to review your pace for the day. If you are feeling hectic, stressed, feeling like time is running out or that you need to clone yourself 3 or 4 times to get everything done, perhaps this is the time to slooooow down! Revise your schedule, delegate some things out, prioritize, bump some things to the next day, or week, and then put a time slot in there just for you.
Prioritize yourself into your day today. Breathe yourself into a calm space and breath in more oxygen to your system and re-balance your body and your brain. NOW - you're ready for anything!

Affirm:
     Today I remember to Breathe myself into balance.

Have a full tank of oxygen Thursday!
Mary Ellen
Get Jazzed & Joyful About You, Every Day in Every Way!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment