Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary Ellen Pierce and I want to invite you to Get Jazzed & Joyful about who you are, every day in every way! I believe that no matter what you do in life, it is important to believe in yourself and your goals and to realize it's okay to enjoy the journey and have fun along the way!
Along my journey I have discovered my inner artist to help me create expressions of myself using collage, altered art, mixed media and scrapbook techniques. I have enlisted the aid of my inner cheerleader to keep me motivated to be the Best ME that I can be!
And I want to inspire others to realize that when you get Jazzed and Joyful about being You, then what you do will turn into success, prosperity and happiness!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Make your health a Priority

Get Jazzed & Joyful Thought:

I saw a wall poster that caught my attention. It said "If you do not take care of your body, where will you live?"

That really hit me. After all it is just like my car. If I don't do oil changes, check and rotate the tires, put gas in the tank and keep up on the regular maintenance then my car will simply stop working. I will then have to invest in either a new car, get rides or seek other transportation or put a lot of money into repairs or replacement of parts, all of which will cause me significant inconvenience, discomfort and expense.
When I relate that to my body is it not the same thing? If I don't pay attention to what I am putting into my body, how I take care of my body, doing regular healthy maintenance, things that aid my body in working more efficiently and having more energy then will not the same thing happen? My body will simply stop working well. Then I will have to put a lot money into health repairs, medications, doctor and hospital visits, replacement of parts and or artificial health aids all of which will cause me significant inconvenience, expense and discomfort.
The only difference between the two is that when you neglect a car to the point that it completely stops working you can get another new, used or borrowed car. However when you neglect to take care of your body you do not have the option to go and get a new one, a used one or a borrowed one.

This reality has made me look at my priorities now- not later when my choices are limited.

Affirm:
    I move my body and my health to the top of my priorities. I treat my body as the sacred vehicle that it is and I am worth it!

Have a Healthy tune up Weekend!
Mary Ellen
Get Jazzed & Joyful About You Every Day in Every Way!
Believe in Yourself, Anything is Possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment